|Source Port 16 bits||Destination Port 16 bits|
|sequence Number 32 bits|
|Acknowledgment Number 23 bits|
|Data Offset 4 bits||reserved 3 bits||ECN 3 bits||Control Bits 6 bits||Window 16 bits|
|Checksum 16 bits||Urgent Pointer 16 bits|
|Options and padding 0 to 40 bytes|
TCP Layers / IP
- Link / Network
- Waiting for connection request
- Waiting for a matching connection request after sending a connection request
- Waiting for a confirming connection request acknowledgment after having both received and sent a connection request.
- represents an open connection, data received can be delivered to the user. The normal state for the data transfer phase of the connection.
- represents waiting for a connection termination request from the remote TCP, or an acknowledgment of the connection termination request previously sent.
- represents waiting for a connection termination request from the remote TCP.
- represents waiting for a connection termination request from the local user.
- represents waiting for a connection termination request acknowledgment from the remote TCP.
- represents waiting for an acknowledgment of the connection termination request previously sent to the remote TCP (which includes an acknowledgment of its connection termination request).
- represents waiting for enough time to pass to be sure the remote TCP received the acknowledgment of its connection termination request.
- represents no connection state at all.